caused you the problem, do the same! Just delete them (I actually just moved them to “linux-headers-3.2.0-60.list.bak” file).
I recently clone a virtual machine image and setting up locally. When trying to install a new package through <code>apt-get</code> in Ubuntu. I ran into a strange problem of “missing final newline” in linux-headers.
Trying to google for solution, I found a page in 2004 mentioning this problem. It suggested that a file in /var/lib/dpkg/info/smbf.list is the cause of the error. So, I tried to locate this file but without any success.
I notice that there is “linux-headers-3.2.0-60.list” and a few other files with similar names in this folder. So, well, why not trying to delete them.
It seems like deleting these files fix the problem and allow apt-get to install the package without any problems. So far the system seems normal. We haven’t allowed any additional access through the server, only deleting a few files that don’t look essential for the OS to run.
Further remove other apt-get unused…
View original post 9 more words